Thanks for using Whil. We're committed to protecting your privacy and being completely transparent with how we use your information. This Policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you use Whil. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information.
We'll start by getting a few definitions out of the way that should help you understand this policy. When we say "we," "us," and "Whil,” we’re referring to Whil Concepts, Inc. When we say "you" or "user,"l we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use our website, http://www.whil.com (the "Website"), applications ("Apps"), and other products and services (the Website, the Apps and such other products, are collectively referred to herein as the "Services"). In the course of providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information, which means information about a "user."
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like suggesting which content you’ll find most useful. We collect information in two ways: information you give us and information we get from your use of our Services.
Information you give us: This includes personal information, like your name, email address, or credit card when you sign up for your Whil account. We may also collect information at other times, including:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms through our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, subscribing to the Services, and posting material to the Services.
- Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
- Information you provide through correspondence. For example, when you report a problem via email, submitted form, telephone call, forum, blog comment, or social media, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Completed surveys sent to us that we use for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and details of the fulfillment of your orders of the Services.
- Facebook, Twitter, or other social profile information you agree to share if you choose to sign up to our Services through other such services.
- Your preferences for using our Services, such as opting in and out of newsletters, push notifications, location services, and sharing data with your Community.
- Other personal information used to fulfill our Services, such as your home or business address; telephone, wireless or fax number; short message service or text message address or other wireless device address; instant messaging address; credit or debit card or other payment information; demographic information or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
Information we get from your use of our Services: We may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them, like when you log-in to your Whil account and what content you’ve viewed. This information includes:
- Device Information: We may collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Log information: When you use our Services, view content provided by Whil, or open email communications sent by Whil, we may automatically collect and store information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as how many times you’ve watched content, logged in, or opened our emails.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests, internet protocol address and referral URLs.
- Local Storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from all of our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Whil and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content, like suggesting relevant categories and teachers. Other uses include:
- Using information we collect from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. This includes:
- Enabling a service to recognize your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times for a single task.
- Recognizing that you already have given a username and password so you don’t have to do it for every page requested.
- Measuring how many people are using the Services so we can efficiently support the traffic.
- Third party cookies that help track third party content. You should check these third party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.
- Keeping a record of your communications to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- Using your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements, or outages.
- Using device information to ensure that content provided by the Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other devices.
- Using personal data to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Analyzing your usage to offer you tailored content related to your interests, unless you have requested that we not provide this information as described under your rights below.
- To contact you by electronic means if you have opted-in to do so (email, SMS, push notifications.)
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into by you with us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services when you choose to do so.
- To inform your Community about your registration and use of the Services as described under “Corporate and Other Community Sharing” below.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to the public or our partners (publishers, advertisers, or connected sites), but we may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our Services, like we may inform our partners that 60% of men watch content related to relationships.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Except as described under the section "Disclosure of Your Information" below, we do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent. We work hard to protect Whil and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our Services using the latest 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Our Credit Card vendor is certified is certified PCI-DSS Level 1; the highest certification a service provider can achieve.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Whil employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, we ask that you do not share your password with anyone. Account passwords are encrypted, which means we can’t see your passwords. We can’t resend forgotten passwords either. We’ll only reset them.
Although we take measures to protect and encrypt your personal information when being transmitted, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
5. CORPORATE AND OTHER COMMUNITY SHARING
While Whil is a consumer products company, there is increasing interest by large consumer communities (corporations, organizations, universities, hospitals, etc.) (“Communities”) to introduce the Services to their employees and members. If you have registered to use the Services through a Community (a “Community Subscription”), the Community administrators will have access to certain information such as your name, date you registered, and the name of your department. Community administrators will also have access to usage information on a Community aggregated basis.
If your Community is offering an incentive to employees for your participation in using the Services, additional personal information and usage information, such as the extent of your participation in the Service, may be shared with your community or a third-party designated by your Community, for the purposes of supporting your Community’s incentive programs.
If you have registered to the Services through a Community, your Community administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization may be able to:
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
6. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access and update your personal information at any time via your online account, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your account.
If you invite a friend to use the Services through our Services, we will ask you for their name and email address. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending invitations and tracking the success of our programs. If your friend would like us to delete his or her information, they can do so by opting out as described in the invitation.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Whil and its subsidiaries unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- If we are required to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Whil, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If your subscription is a Community Subscription, as described under “Corporate and Other Community Sharing” section above.
Some of our Services offer publicly accessible blogs or community features. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community features, contact us at email@example.com.
Many of our Services also let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) it may be indexable by search engines.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the opt-out instruction in the marketing material you receive or by contacting us at any time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.